Useful links and other community resources
We know learning about the technical/scientific aspects of HIV/AIDS clinical studies can be difficult, particularly for those not working in that research/science field. To help you out, we have compiled some links and resources that may be helpful. Also included are links to update you on the research and treatment innovations.
- CDC Resources for People living with AIDS
- The Body
- HPTN Press Releases, News and Announcements
- ACTG HIV in the News
- ACTG Layman Study Summaries
- ACTG Community
- HVTN Community COMPASS
- HPTN Community Involvement and Participation
September 15th, 2015 —Hope-Ponce Joint Community Advisory Board Meeting
- Anybody interested in joining our community advisory boards is welcomed!
- Current HIV research and news updates will be discussed.
- Dinner will be served. Please RSVP to Marcus.
- Location: 500 Irvin Court, Decatur, USA; Time: 6-8pm.
September (date TBD), 2015 —Project Gold Closeout Party
- Party to celebrate the achievements of Project Gold (a 1yr HIV testing and education campaign for at-risk populations) and to announce upcoming studies looking for high-risk populations.
- Anybody interested in participating in current or future research studies is welcomed!
- Refreshments will be served. Please RSVP to Marcus.
- Location and time to be determined.
October 18th, 2015—AIDS Walk Atlanta & 5K
- Location: Atlanta, USA. Visit: www.aidswalkatlanta.com/
October 10-11, 2015—Atlanta Pride Festival
Location: Atlanta, USA. Visit: atlantapride.org/pride/
October 16, 2015: M-CAB 10th Year Anniversary Celebration
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand.
- Daytime: Plenary and group discussion on the role of community in conducting HIV prevention research with MSM and TG populations.
- Evening: Thank You Party for community members
December 1, 2015—World AIDS Day
- Various locations and activities in all four CTU research sites (Atlanta, Decatur, Bangkok, Kisumu)
December 31, 2015– January 2, 2016—White Party Bangkok New Year 2016
The World’s largest gay dance musical festival